Wrestling Generation X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Bad Ass or The Phenom?

3 posters

Go down

Better 'Taker gimmick?

American Bad Ass or The Phenom? Vote_lcap20%American Bad Ass or The Phenom? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
American Bad Ass or The Phenom? Vote_lcap80%American Bad Ass or The Phenom? Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 5

American Bad Ass or The Phenom? Empty American Bad Ass or The Phenom?

Post by 213 Wed Sep 17 2008, 20:58

Which 'Taker gimmick did you prefer?

-----------------------------------

Overall, you have to give the nod to The Phenom because it was so interesting and unique. But it does get tiresome and repetitive especially when he keeps dying. That just bugs me. They've done that angle so many times and yet the announcers sell it like it's 100% genuine every time. Loads of lame supernatural stuff happened in the feud with Randy Orton. I became a fan of Orton during that period because he handled all the silliness really well and kept the feud interesting for me from an out of ring view. The heel Undertaker from the 90s was awesome, his dark gimmick suits being heel and he can cut some great heel promos. The face 'Taker is still good but like I said, it very predictable and The Phenom act has got stale recently. I loved the American Bad Ass gimmick. It was a great time to debut it with a switch to a more realistic style of entertainment. The Limp Bizkit music, the bike, the American flag, ABA 'Taker was great. He was more imposing and interesting than from 04-08 in my opinion. I loved his promos from then too, especially on Hulk Hogan and Jeff Hardy. They really stick out. So this is how I rank it...

1. Heel Phenom
2. American Bad Ass
3. Face 'Taker

So overall, Phenom wins but only the heel variation. The Ministry of Darkness was one of my favourite stables back in the day.
No Remorse Corp

https://wrestling-generation.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

American Bad Ass or The Phenom? Empty Re: American Bad Ass or The Phenom?

Post by Ricky! Fri Sep 19 2008, 18:55

The phenom is the best. Undertaker had his most sucess as the phenom. He's 16-0 at Wrestlemania. No one is ever gonna beat that record. I liked american bad ass but phenom is my favourite.
Ricky!
Ricky!
Local Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post by StuffOfLegends Fri Sep 19 2008, 21:36

Ricky! wrote:The phenom is the best. Undertaker had his most sucess as the phenom. He's 16-0 at Wrestlemania. No one is ever gonna beat that record. I liked american bad ass but phenom is my favourite.

Can someone please change his name to Mark! ?

I loved all three of these gimmicks to be honest. When Undertaker did the Bad Ass one it was perfect for the time and gave him a chance to be different. The current Undertaker is just as good as any, with being one of the most popular stars in the entire company and still putting on great matches.
StuffOfLegends
StuffOfLegends
No Remorse Corp

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky! Fri Sep 19 2008, 21:53

What is that supposed to mean StuffofLegends? I really like Undertaker, and so do you so why would we have a problem?
Ricky!
Ricky!
Local Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum