Wrestling Generation X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should CM Punk Turn Heel?

5 posters

Go down

Should CM Punk Turn Heel? Empty Should CM Punk Turn Heel?

Post by The Instant Classic Wed Sep 17 2008, 23:59

Hell No.

To me every heel that is main event status needs to be a face first and have a long run with the world heavyweight championship. Then when the fans least expect it you turn and thats what makes a good heel

Punk in ROH was brilliant as a heel and was great to watch and he will be if he turns heel in WWE but at the moment it is not the right time. The fans still need to put all there "Trust" Into punk until he should turn heel. He is currently world champion and until he gets stale then there is no need for a heel turn. He gets ratings for Raw! and has held the title extrmely well.

He is great to watch as a face and if the turn him heel Raw! will go back down in ratings to were it was 2 months ago which is were they do not want to go.

What do you think?
The Instant Classic
The Instant Classic
WGX Development Wrestler

Back to top Go down

Should CM Punk Turn Heel? Empty Re: Should CM Punk Turn Heel?

Post by 213 Thu Sep 18 2008, 00:41

I don't think he should. His ROH heel work is awesome. He is hilarious on the mic as a heel and I know he'd become even more of a star as a heel in WWE just like Edge did. But he's doing well as a face, he has a large fan base consisting of such diverse classes like indy fans, women and kids. He is World Heavyweight Champion and until his character starts to get stale, I see no need for a turn when he has this merchandise selling power. When it comes, the heel turn will be great and I can't wait for it to happen but I don't think WWE have done nearly enough with him as a face yet and they should milk the money that comes with a main event face out of him first.
No Remorse Corp

https://wrestling-generation.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Tambourine Man Thu Sep 18 2008, 09:02

In an ideal world WWE would book Punk right and make him come off like a real babyface star, but they just don't seem to want to. Since they aren't, maybe it would be good for Punk to go heel. At least then he can backdoor his way into victories and look weak while still maintaining heat(ala Chris Jericho and Edge).

Mr. Tambourine Man
Local Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Straight-Edge Zach Thu Sep 18 2008, 09:47

I think he should be a heel right now. It could play out as a whiny former champ who can get it done in the ring. He could change his style a bit make it more agressive and look like an actual threat to titles and stuff. Also his mic work as a heel is awesome to say the least. So yeah I'm all for CM Punk being a heel.
Straight-Edge Zach
Straight-Edge Zach
Local Jobber

Back to top Go down

Post by Affliction Thu Sep 18 2008, 23:19

He was by far one of my favorite heels on ROH, he drew loads of heat and sold the world title perfectly. I think his mic skills would benifit more if he turned heel, and he would have benifited more he he was a heel world champion also.
Affliction
Affliction
WGX Development Wrestler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum