Wrestling Generation X
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zach Braff leaving Scrubs

5 posters

Go down

Zach Braff leaving Scrubs Empty Zach Braff leaving Scrubs

Post by The Instant Classic Thu Sep 18 2008, 00:18

Zach Braff will exit Scrubs at the end of the upcoming eighth season, Variety reports.

Creator Bill Lawrence revealed the news at the Television Critics Association press tour panel, saying: "The end of the show will be about J.D. leaving the hospital. When you leave, it's about holding on to your relationships."

Lawrence indicated that the sitcom will continue into a ninth season, stating: "You can't kill this show."

Braff said that he may return to the series as a guest star and possibly to direct an episode. It is thought that he will now turn his attention to helming the indie drama Open Hearts, his directorial follow-up to 2005's well-received Garden State.

The eighth season of Scrubs is scheduled to premiere on its new home ABC midseason

Source: W-C
The Instant Classic
The Instant Classic
WGX Development Wrestler

Back to top Go down

Zach Braff leaving Scrubs Empty Re: Zach Braff leaving Scrubs

Post by Inah Sat Sep 20 2008, 15:34

Scrubs without J.D. is not Scrubs at all. I know that there are other great and interesting characters, especially The Janitor, but I really don't know how it's going to work out without J.D.
Inah
Inah
Indy Wrestler

Back to top Go down

Post by ladymahogany Sat Sep 20 2008, 18:00

I had heard this news before and I agree with Inah completely. I mean, he basically narrates the episodes and everything is from his point of view. It seems like it would be a different show entirely without him and I'm not sure that dragging the show on for another season after his exit is a good idea.
ladymahogany
ladymahogany
No Remorse Corp

Back to top Go down

Post by 213 Sat Sep 20 2008, 18:03

It will be interesting to see in which direction the show goes after his exit. But I don't think it's really that much of a problem. There are other main characters who can step up to the narrating role. To be honest, I think it was getting a bit stale with JD anyway. They need a shake up. Just hopefully it doesn't go OC style after Marissa left. e.g badly.
No Remorse Corp

https://wrestling-generation.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by C-Makaveli Tue Sep 23 2008, 06:18

First of all The OC sucks More Balls than a Hooker with the munchies.

Second Scrubs without JD is like The Simpsons without Homer

The WWE without Vince Mcmahon.

You cant take out the main character and expect to continue the show.

As for the other characters headling the show it wouldnt work because they fed off of JD's character.

Lawrence either needs to get Braff to sign on for Season 9 or just leave it at Eight.

C-Makaveli
No Remorse Corp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum